Brother Printers are used widely around the world for the day-to-day needs of individuals as well as corporates. To start using the printer you first need a proper setup of the printer so that you won’t get stuck with anything while you’re working with any important document in your printer.
Here in this article, we’re sharing the tutorials to set up brother MFC-l6700dw, readers are advised to be us till the end of the blog if you don’t want to miss any important information about brother MFC-l6700dw laser monochrome printer setup.
Make sure you have access to a wireless network before we start. Note the network key (password/security key) and the network name (SSID). You can find it on the side or bottom of the wireless router or access point if you don’t know it.
Setting up a Brother MFC-L6700DW laser monochrome printer is a relatively simple process that can be completed in just a few steps. Here is a general overview of how to set up the printer:
- Unpack the printer: Carefully unpack the printer and all of its components from the box. Make sure that you have all of the necessary parts and accessories, including the power cord, toner cartridge, drum unit, and installation CD.
- Connect the power cord: Plug one end of the power cord into the back of the printer, and the other end into an electrical outlet. Turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Install the toner cartridge and drum unit: Open the front cover of the printer and carefully remove the toner cartridge and drum unit from their packaging. Gently shake the toner cartridge from side to side to distribute the toner evenly, and then install it into the printer. Do the same for the drum unit.
- Install the software: Insert the installation CD into your computer’s CD-ROM drive. The software installation wizard will automatically launch. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software and drivers.
- Connect the printer to your computer: Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable provided. Your computer should automatically detect the printer and install any necessary drivers.
- Print a test page: Once the printer is connected, you can print a test page to make sure that everything is working properly.
- Start printing: You can start printing by sending documents or images to the printer through your computer or mobile device.
It’s important to keep in mind that you should always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions that come with your printer, as the setup process may vary slightly depending on the specific model.
Aside from the above setup process, Brother MFC-L6700DW supports wireless printing via WiFi or Ethernet, for this you need to connect your printer to the wireless network and install the Brother iPrint&Scan app on your mobile device. This will allow you to print wirelessly from your mobile device using the Brother iPrint&Scan app, so you don’t have to go through the process of connecting your device to your computer every time you want to print something.
In addition, you may also want to install the Brother Control Center software, which will allow you to change settings, configure the printer, and scan documents.
Brother MFC-L6700DW is a powerful and efficient laser monochrome printer that can be set up quickly and easily by following the steps outlined above. By taking the time to set up the printer correctly and familiarizing yourself with its features and functions, you can ensure that your printer will work at its best and help you get your work done quickly and efficiently.
Begin By Turning On Your Brother MFC L2700dw
Connect the Brother MFC L2700dw printer’s power cord to a nearby electrical outlet by removing it from the back of the device. Then, turn on your Brother machine by hitting the power button, which is a circular button located in the machine’s control panel’s upper right corner.
- Select “Menu” from the menu.
The control panel’s menu button, which is next to the arrow keys and is on the bottom right, can be used to access the menu.
- Click “Network” and then “OK.”
Select “Network” using the up or down arrow keys, then press the “OK” key.
- Click “WLAN” and then “OK.”
Select the WLAN option using the up or down arrow keys, then press the “OK” key. Please be aware that not all Brother machines may require you to follow this step.
- Click “Setup Wizard” and then hit “OK.”
Select the option titled Setup Wizard by using the up and down arrow keys, then press the “OK” key.
- Click “Yes” when asked “WLAN Enable?”
“WLAN Enable?” will be shown on the screen along with “Yes” or “No” choices. Selecting “Yes” will launch the wireless setup wizard, so go ahead and do that.
- Click “OK” after choosing your Network Name (SSID)
The list of accessible Network Names in your area will be provided by the wireless setup process. Use the up or down arrow keys to navigate to your network, then press the “OK” key.
- Type the Network Key (password) and choose “Yes” after clicking “OK.”
The changes will take effect after the Network Key is input, enabling connectivity to the wireless router or access point. You can move on to the following stage if your network is open, unencrypted, and password-free.
- Check the wireless network connection.
The word “Connected” and the text “Connection: OK” will appear on the screen and the printer, respectively, if the connection is successful. The WiFi button should also be glowing green on the LCD display screen on the left.
The printer will publish a WLAN report with the phrase “Connection: XX” if the connection is lost. Make any necessary corrections by going back and retracing your steps.
Congratulations! Now that your WiFi is up and running, you may start printing from any location inside the wireless network’s coverage area.
If you haven’t already, be sure to download and install the Brother MFC L2700DW laser printer driver software. This will allow your computer to properly access the device and all of its features.
Comments are closed.