Resolve Lexmark Printer Not Printing Color
Lexmark printers are some of the most reliable printers on the market, but even the best machines can experience issues at times. One of the most common issues that Lexmark printer users experience is a lack of color printing. If your Lexmark printer has stopped printing in color, there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.
Step to Resolve Lexmark Printer Not Printing Color
- Check Color Cartridge: The first step to troubleshooting the issue is to check the color cartridge. Open the printer door and check if the color cartridge is installed properly. If not, install it correctly and close the door.
- Clean the Printhead: Printhead is part of the printer which is responsible for printing documents. If it is clogged, then it will affect the printing quality. To clean the printhead, open the printer door and remove the color cartridge. Now, clean the printhead with a soft cloth and reinstall the cartridge.
- Check Printer Settings: Sometimes, the printer settings might be configured to print in black and white. To check the settings, open the printer driver and check the printing preferences. Make sure that the color printing option is enabled.
- Update Printer Firmware: Outdated firmware can also cause the printer not to print in color. To update the firmware, download the latest version from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer.
- Replace the Color Cartridge: If all the above steps fail, the issue might be with the color cartridge. Replace the color cartridge with a new one and check if the issue is resolved.
How to Resolve Lexmark Printer Not Printing Color?
The first step to take when attempting to resolve a Lexmark printer not printing in color is to check the settings. Make sure that you have set the printer to print in color in the settings menu. If the printer is set to print in black and white, it won’t be able to produce colored prints.
The next step is to check the printer’s ink cartridges. If the cartridges are empty, then the printer won’t be able to produce any colored prints. Make sure to replace the empty ink cartridges with new ones if this is the case. It is also important to check that the cartridges are in the correct slots and that the ink is running properly.
If the ink cartridges are not the issue, then the next step is to check the connections. Make sure all the cables are properly connected and that the printer is receiving power. If the printer is not receiving power, then it won’t be able to produce any prints.
The next step is to check the print head. If the print head is clogged, then the printer won’t be able to produce any colored prints. To unclog the print head, use a cleaning solution that is designed for use on Lexmark printers. This should help to unclog the print head and restore the printer’s ability to produce colored prints.
If the printer is still not printing in color after you have taken these steps, then it is likely that the issue is a software issue. To resolve this issue, you should try reinstalling the printer driver. If this doesn’t work, then you should try to update the driver. You can find the latest driver for your Lexmark printer by visiting the Lexmark website.
These steps should help to resolve a Lexmark printer not printing in color. If none of these steps work, then it is likely that there is a hardware issue with your printer. If this is the case, it is best to contact Lexmark Printer Support for further assistance.