Canon Printer Error E05 on Windows
Canon Printer Error E05 is a common issue that occurs while using a Canon printer. This error is usually caused when the printer has run out of ink or is having a paper jam. The error message can be seen on the display panel of the printer as “Error Code E05”.
When this error occurs, it can be quite frustrating as it prevents you from completing your printing job. Fortunately, there are some easy steps that you can follow to resolve this issue and get your printer back up and running.
Step to Fix Canon Printer Error E05 on Windows
- Make sure that there is no paper jam in the printer.
- Check the ink cartridge and ensure that it is properly installed.
- Check the power cord and make sure it is properly plugged into the wall outlet and the printer.
- Download the latest available driver for your canon printer from the official website and install it.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
- Restart your computer and printer.
- Perform a head cleaning on the printer.
- Reset the printer by pressing the power button for a few seconds.
- Try to print a test page.
- If the error still persists, contact the Canon support team for further assistance.
How to Fix Canon Printer Error E05 on Windows
- The first step is to check the ink level in the printer. If the ink level is low, then you need to replace the cartridge. You can either buy a new cartridge or refill the existing one. If the ink level is good, then you should move on to the next step.
- The next step is to check the paper tray. Make sure that there are no paper jams in the tray and that the paper is properly aligned and positioned. If there is a paper jam, then you need to remove it and then try to print again.
- The third step is to check the printer’s connection cable. Make sure that the cable is securely connected to the printer and the computer. If the connection is loose or damaged, then you need to replace the cable.
- The fourth step is to check if the problem is related to the printer’s drivers. If the printer’s drivers are outdated, then you need to update them. You can do this by visiting the Canon website and downloading the latest drivers.
- The fifth step is to check the printer’s settings. Make sure that the printer is set to print in the correct mode. If the printer is set to print in a different mode, then you need to change it back to the original mode.
- The sixth step is to check the printer’s spooler service. If this service is disabled, then you need to enable it. You can do this by going to the Control Panel and selecting the “Services” option. Then you need to double click on the “Print Spooler” service and check the “Startup Type”.
If all of these steps don’t resolve the issue, then you may need to contact Canon’s customer service. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide you with further instructions on how to resolve it.
In conclusion, Canon Printer Error E05 is a common issue that occurs when the printer has run out of ink or is having a paper jam. You can resolve this issue by checking the ink level, checking the paper tray, checking the printer’s connection cable, updating the printer’s drivers, checking the printer’s settings and enabling the printer’s spooler service. If all of these steps fail to resolve the issue, then you should contact Canon’s customer service for further assistance.