Resolve Brother Printer Error 4F and Unable to Print
If you’re a Brother printer user and facing the Brother Printer Error 4F issue, then you must be looking for a way to resolve it. This error is quite common and can be caused due to various reasons. If you’re unable to print due to this error, then you needn’t worry as this article will guide you through the process of resolving the Brother Printer Error 4F and getting your printer back to printing documents.
Step to Resolve Brother Printer Error 4F and Unable to Print
- Check the paper size and type.
- Check the toner cartridge.
- Clean the paper feed roller and separation pad.
- Check the status of the drum unit.
- Make sure the printer has sufficient memory.
- Reset the printer.
- Check the status of the error from the LCD display.
- Check the connection between the printer and the computer.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Update the firmware of the printer.
How to Fix Brother Printer Error 4F and Unable to Print?
The Brother Printer Error 4F usually occurs due to various reasons such as an outdated or corrupt printer driver, incompatible ink cartridges, a clogged print head, or a faulty print head. In order to resolve this error and get your printer back to printing documents, you need to identify the underlying cause and follow the steps given below.
- Check Your Printer Driver: The first step towards resolving this error is to verify whether the printer driver installed on your system is up to date. You can do this by visiting the Brother website and downloading the latest version of the printer driver. Once you’ve downloaded the driver, you can install it on your system and restart your printer.
- Replace the Ink Cartridges: If your printer is unable to print due to Brother Printer Error 4F, then you should check if the ink cartridges are compatible with your printer. If your printer is using the wrong ink cartridges, then you need to replace them with the correct ones.
- Clean the Print Head: If the issue persists, then you should clean the print head. To do this, you need to open the printer and locate the print head. Once you’ve located the print head, you need to use a damp cloth to clean it. After cleaning the print head, you should print a test page to check if the issue has been resolved.
- Reset the Printer: If the error persists, then you should reset the printer. To do this, you need to turn off your printer and then unplug the power cord. Once you’ve unplugged the power cord, you need to wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in. After plugging it back in, you should turn on your printer and check if the issue has been resolved.
- Replace the Print Head: If the issue still persists, then you should consider replacing the print head. You can purchase the print head from any local store or online store. Once you’ve purchased the print head, you need to open the printer and locate the old print head. After that, you need to replace the old print head with the new one and run a test page to check if the issue has been resolved.
These are the steps that you need to follow in order to resolve the Brother Printer Error 4F and get your printer back to printing documents. If the issue still persists, then you should consider taking your printer to Brother Printer Customer Service for further diagnostics.