Mac users who own Canon printers may be wondering how they can download the necessary drivers to use their printer. Although Canon does not have an official website for downloading drivers, there are a few ways to get the drivers you need.
In this blog post, we will explore how to download Canon printer drivers for Mac. We will also provide a few alternative methods for those who are struggling to find the right drivers. By the end of this post, you should be able to download and install the correct drivers for your Canon printer.
Steps to Download Canon Printer Drivers for Mac:
If you own a Canon printer, you will need to periodically download and install new drivers for it in order to keep it functioning properly with your Mac. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to do this:
- Download the latest version of the Canon printer driver from the Canon website.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Connect your Canon printer to your Mac using a USB cable.
- Launch System Preferences from the Apple menu and select “Printers & Scanners”.
- Click on your Canon printer in the list of devices and make sure that the “Use” drop-down menu is set to “Select Software…”.
- Choose the driver you installed in step 2 from the list of available drivers and click “OK”.
- Your Canon printer should now be properly configured and ready to use with your Mac!
Follow the Guidelines Below to Download Canon Printer Driver for Mac
In order to download the Canon printer driver for Mac, you will need to follow the guidelines below. First, you will need to go to the Canon website and find the section for drivers. Once you have found this section, you will need to select the type of operating system that you are using on your computer.
After you have selected the correct operating system, you will be given a list of all of the available drivers for your printer model. Simply select the one that you want to download and then follow the instructions on screen in order to complete the process.
Steps to Install Canon Printer Drivers
Assuming you have already downloaded the Canon printer drivers for Mac from the Canon website, here are the steps to install them:
- Open the “Canon Printer Drivers” folder and double-click on the installer file inside it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is finished, restart your computer.
- Now you can connect your Canon printer to your Mac and start using it.
If you encounter any problems while installing the Canon printer drivers, you can contact the Printer Support USA team for help.