If you have a Canon wireless Pixma inkjet printer, you might be wondering how to connect it to your WiFi network. The process is actually quite simple, and in this article we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take.
WPS Connection Method
If your canon wireless pixma inkjet printer has a WPS button, you can follow these steps to connect it to your wifi network:
- Make sure that your router is turned on and broadcasting a signal.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your printer for 3 seconds.
- Press the WPS button on your router.
- Wait a few moments for the connection to be established.
- Once the connection is established, you should be able to print wirelessly from your printer.
Standard Connection Method (Windows)
- Begin by opening the Canon Wireless Setup Assistant from the Start menu.
- Select your printer from the list of available devices and click Next.
- Enter the password for your wireless network and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
If you’re having trouble connecting your Canon Pixma inkjet printer to your wireless network, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue. First, make sure that you’re using the standard connection method for Windows-based computers outlined above.
If that doesn’t work, try restarting both your printer and your router to see if that resolves the issue. You can also try moving your printer closer to your router to ensure that it’s within range. Finally, if you’re still having trouble, you may need to access your router’s settings and manually enter the IP address of your printer in order to establish a connection.
Cableless Setup Method (Mac)
- Before beginning, make sure that you have the following items:
- A Canon wireless inkjet printer
- A wireless router
- An Apple computer with Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later installed
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable that came with the printer.
3. On your computer, open System Preferences and click on Print & Fax.
4. Click the “+” sign to add a new printer.
5. Select the printer from the list of available printers.
6. Click on the Use drop-down menu and select AirPrint.
7. Click Add to add the printer to your list of available printers.
8. Open the Canon IJ Network Tool and click on Configure Wireless LAN in the main menu.
9. Select Infrastructure Mode and enter your network SSID into the SSID field.
10. Enter your password into the Password field and click OK to continue.
11. The printer will now be connected to your wireless network.
Now your canon printer is connected to wifi and is ready for your use. Hope the article about how to connect canon wireless pixma inkjet to wifi was helpful for you. If you are still unable to use it then connect with Printer Support USA .