Connect an Epson Printer using the USB
Making a USB connection between an Epson printer and a computer is normally a easy and straightforward task. The process is made easier with the latest versions of Epson Printer Drivers being compatible with almost all versions of Windows & Mac operating systems.
A USB connection typically gives a connection between any device such as a computer and peripheral like a printer, enabling data to be quickly shared between the different components. Before connecting to an Epson Printer. There are a few things that should be taken into account.
Steps to Connect an Epson Printer using the USB
- Check for compatibility between the printer and the computer: Make sure the model of the printer is supported by the computer’s operating system. Look for a minimum system requirement on the printer package or look through the manufacturer’s website for support information.
- Connect the USB cable: Ensure that both the printer and the computer are off. Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on the printer. Plug the other end into the computer.
- Turn on the computer and the printer: Ensure that all cables remain connected while powering on the printer. Upon completion, check for any status messages on the printer or computer display. In many cases the printer should automatically be recognised while the computer is booting up.
- Install the printer driver: If the printer is not recognised by the OS, the printer driver will need to be installed. The printer driver should be included with the package, but in some cases it may need to be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
- In many cases the installation will be automatic – the computer should detect the printer and automatically install the correct driver. If the course of the driver is not automatic, then follow the on-screen instructions to install it correctly. Once the driver has been installed then the communication between the printer and the computer is ready to go.
- Print a test page: Once the driver has been installed, printing a test page should be easy. Open an application or document on the computer that you would like to print. Go to the print settings and choose the Epson printer from the list.
How to Attach an Epson Printer using the USB?
If the printer is still not recognized by the computer, then try to unplug and plug the USB cable into the computer again, then turn it on again. If all else fails, then the printer may need to be checked for any hardware issues.
Lastly, when making a USB connection with an Epson printer, it is important to be aware of the compatibility between the printer and the computer; ensure that the cable is connected correctly and allows for proper communications; and finally, in some cases the installation of the printer driver may be required. When these steps are taken, connecting an Epson printer via USB should be a straightforward and easy process. If you need more assistance then connect with our Epson Printer Support.