While Alexa from Amazon can perform a wide range of tasks, did you know that you can also use it to print documents? The Alexa app on your phone is all that’s required for setup, along with a compatible printer. We’ll walk you through the procedures in this article so you can start printing without using your hands.
Connect Printer to Alexa
You could connect your printer to an Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo, and print documents without using your hands. Here’s how to configure it.
To begin with, confirm that Alexa is compatible with your printer. Only HP and Epson printers are supported at this time.
Next, enter the Settings menu in the Alexa app on your smartphone. Then click “Add Printer” after choosing “Printers & Scanners.” To finish the setup procedure, adhere to the directions.
You can print papers by telling Alexa to “print [document name]” once your printer is connected. Your printer will get the file and begin printing it immediately.
Below is the Step-by-step Guide that You Need to Perform to Connect Your Printer to Alexa
- Assembling all the items needed for the process is the first step. This contains an Alexa-compatible gadget, your printer, and a USB wire.
- Once you have everything you need, use the USB wire to connect your printer to the Alexa-enabled device.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone and navigate to the settings area when the connection has been made.
- You must choose “Printers” from the list of available printers in the settings section before selecting your printer.
- You will then be prompted for some basic information about your printer, such as its name, model number, etc., after choosing your printer.
- You will be able to use your printer with Alexa once you have given the necessary information.
What can Alexa Print?
You can link your printer to an Alexa-enabled device and print a variety of documents if you have one. Some of the items you can print using Alexa are listed below:
Make sure your printer is compatible with Alexa before attempting to connect it. After you’ve made sure of that, visit the settings section of the Alexa app on your smartphone. Select “Printers” from the “Devices” menu. You can then add your printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the connection.
You may start printing by telling Alexa to “Alexa, print [item]” once your printer and Alexa are both connected. For instance, you may tell Alexa to print your shopping list or your calendar for May.
Now your printer is connected to alexa and is ready for your use. Hope the article about How to Connect a Printer to Alexa was helpful for you. If you are still unable to use it then connect with Printer Support USA . For more information visit our official website.