HP Officejet Pro 8740 Drivers Update
Updating the drivers for your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer is an important step in maintaining the performance and stability of the device. Here are the steps you can follow to update your printer drivers:
- Identify the version of your current drivers by going to the “Control Panel” on your computer and selecting “Device Manager.” Locate the “Printers” category and find the HP Officejet Pro 8740. Right-click on the device and select “Properties.” The version number of your current drivers will be listed in the “Driver” tab.
- Visit the HP website and navigate to the Support and Drivers page for the HP Officejet Pro 8740.
- Select your operating system and the version of your drivers from the options provided.
- Download the latest version of the drivers from the website and save it to your computer.
- Close all open programs and disconnect the printer from your computer.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, reconnect the printer to your computer and ensure that it is properly installed and configured.
- Finally, print a test page to ensure that the printer is working correctly with the updated drivers.
It is recommended to check for updates every so often, this will ensure that your HP Officejet Pro 8740 is running at peak performance. Keep in mind that the process may vary depending on the operating system you are using.
HP printer software Types
You can’t expect a new printer to start printing as soon as you plug it into your computer, as you may or may not know. You must first install the software necessary for your computer to communicate with that printer. Because they don’t want to deal with the inconvenience of installing new software, many consumers are hesitant to purchase a new printer.
HP is here, so don’t be afraid! Whether you’re attempting to set up a new printer or reinstall the software for your current printer, we’ve developed a straightforward, simplified method that makes it simple to install new HP printer software on your computer. The best thing, though? The software for HP printers is free.
You can download one of two types of HP printer software:
- drivers for printers
- software for managing printers
A PRINTER DRIVER IS WHAT?
Using a printer driver, your computer’s data is converted into a format that your printer can understand. Because each printer is made of unique hardware and software, your computer must learn how to communicate with each model. A printer driver is utilized for this purpose.
- A driver aids your computer in comprehending the technical specifications of the printer and how to send data to it.
- A driver sends print data in a language the printer can comprehend to the printer.
Consider attempting to instruct someone who speaks a language other than your own. An equivalent of your own private interpreter who could translate your instructions into the proper language would be a printer driver.
Your computer won’t be able to recognize the printer or carry out even the most basic printing functions if a printer driver is not installed or is installed incorrectly. You must install the printer’s driver on each computer you want to print from whenever you purchase a new printer.
How to update HP Printer Software
If you already have an HP driver installed on your computer, it could occasionally get updates to repair bugs and provide new functionality. Avoid skipping these updates since an out-of-date driver could prevent your printer from communicating with your computer. Your driver can be updated in a few different ways.
Update Driver with Windows Update
- Restart your computer to ensure that any previously installed updates were properly installed.
- Press the Windows key, look for, and then click Examine for updates
- Updates should start installing automatically if any are available; if not, click Download to start the installation.
- Here, you can also change the Windows Update settings.
Update Driver in Device Manager
- When you press the Windows key, look for and select Device Manager.
- Choose the connected printer from the list of compatible devices.
- Update the device’s driver or software by selecting it with the right mouse click.
- Click Automatically check for new driver software
- Install the most recent driver by adhering to the on-screen directions.
- Switch off your computer.
Note: If you are having trouble with the update process, contact HP Support for further assistance.