Fix Canon Printer Error Code E71
Error code E71 in your Canon printer could be a major cause of worry. This particular printer error generally indicates that the print head temperature is lower than is required for proper functioning. If you’re stuck with this error code and aren’t able to fix it, don’t worry. This article explains the steps you need to take to fix Canon printer error code E71.
Step to Fix Canon Printer Error Code E71
The first step is to identify the underlying problem in your Canon printer as this may be the only way to successfully fix the error. If the temperature of the print head is below the required temperature range, then the printer is most likely struggling to maintain consistent performance. If this is the case, then you can try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Check the printer settings. If you haven’t set up the printer’s environment setting properly, it could be the cause of the error. To do this, simply access the printer’s settings menu and adjust the environment setting according to the printer’s instructions.
- Check the power supply to the printer. If the power supply to the printer is not functioning properly, it could cause the error code. Disconnect any USB cable that is connected to the printer and connect it to a different port. Check the power supply to the printer and ensure that it is connected properly.
- Check the toner cartridge. If the toner cartridge is empty or has a lot of toner waste inside it, then it could be the cause of the error. Simply remove the toner cartridge and put in a new one.
- Clean the paper feed roller. If the paper feed roller is dirty, it could cause the printer error code. To clean it, use a soft piece of cloth and run it over the feed roller and the paper trays gently.
- Check the print head. If the print head is blocked or jammed due to ink residue, it could lead to the error code. To clean it, open the top cover and gently cleaning the area around the print head.
- Perform a simple restart. Sometimes, a simple restart could do the trick and resolve any software-related issue. To do this, simply turn off the printer and activate it after 30 seconds.
These are some of the most effective ways to fix the Canon printer error code E71. If the error persists, you can also try replacing the faulty print head with a new unit. However, make sure that the replacement part is compatible with your printer model.
If the error is still not resolved, then you should consider getting help from a professional printer technician. A professional technician can diagnose the printer error properly and repair any problems that could be causing it.
In conclusion, Canon printer error code E71 is a serious issue and must be fixed as soon as possible. In most cases, the problem can be easily fixed by following the steps mentioned above. However, if the problem persists, then you should consider getting help from a professional Canon printer technician.