A printer will typically show up as “Offline” if your computer is unable to connect to the device. This might be brought on by issues with crucial system functions, out-of-date printer drivers, loose cable connections, etc.
Steps to get back your printer online:
- Check the printer, cables, and connections
- Check your internet connection
- Restart your printer and computer
- Set the printer as default
- Remove all pending print jobs
- Run the printer troubleshooter
- Disable use printer offline mode
- Remove and reinstall the printer
- Reinstall the drivers
The offline error occasionally occurs in Brother printers. As a result, this article discusses both the causes and fixes for this problem. Both the Windows and Mac operating systems’ answers to the “how to solve Brother printer says offline issue” have been thoroughly explained.
Fix Offline Error By Following The Steps Provided Below:
Verify that the Brother printer is set to Default
You can experience a Brother printer goes offline issue if your brother printer is not set as a default. For instructions on how to configure your printer as the default, see below.
- First, use the Windows search feature to navigate to the “Control panel.”
- Click on “Devices & Printers” when the “Control Panel” window appears. The next printer list will show up on the screen.
- Choose the option to “Set as Default Printer” by performing a right-click on your Brother printer in the list of printers that is displayed.
- Restart your printer now to see if your offline issue has been fixed.
By ‘Unchecking’ the offline state, you can fix the Brother printer offline issue on Windows.
The second and most important action you need to take is to deselect the “Use Printer Offline” checkbox. In the vast majority of cases, this will address your concern regarding “Why Brother printer goes offline.”
Just adhere to the instructions shown below to resolve the Brother Printer is offline in Windows 10 issue.
- First, click the start button to launch the control panel, then select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Right-click the Brother print icon and select “view what is printing” from the menu that appears.
- After that, select the printer option in the window’s top menu and see if the “use printer offline” option has a checkmark. Uncheck any items that have a checkmark by clicking on them.
- To cancel all documents, click the printer option once more from the top menu.
I hope that this remedy will assist you in resolving the issue with “Brother printer constantly going offline Windows 10”.
If a print job is pending, clear the print spooler and restart it.
Restarting the print spooler services will quickly resolve the printer’s offline problem. Simply take the following actions:
- Using the run command or Windows search, access the Service Windows.
- In the service window’s right-hand panel, select “Print Spooler.”
- Choose “Stop” when you right-click on the “Print Spooler” option.
- Open File Explorer, go to the following location, or just copy and paste this text into the address bar of your File Explorer and press Enter Type C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Press the delete key after selecting every file in the printer folder.
- Restart the spooler service by returning to the “Print Spooler” option and performing a right-click on it.
- Make sure the spooler’s start-up type is set to “Automatic” as well.
Examine The Printer For Jam Error
Your printer may experience a paper jam issue, which could prevent it from operating normally and result in a Brother printer offline error. To resolve this problem, adhere to the instructions listed below:
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power source if you discover a paper jam between the rollers.
- Open the printer now to carefully remove the rollers.
- If this choice is not available, try carefully pulling paper.
- Send a printing command once the paper has been removed from in between the rollers.
You may simply resolve the “Brother printer says offline” issue by carrying out the instructions listed above.
Upgrade Printer Driver
Incompatible printer drivers can make a printer cease functioning. Follow the instructions below to resolve this problem:
- The “Device Manager” option can be accessed by performing a right-click on the Windows Start menu.
- To enlarge the list, double-click the print queue choice now.
- Right-click the printer to update the driver after that.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software” from the following screen.
- Click the “browse” button next to the “search for drivers” option on the following screen.
- Click “OK” after selecting the location for the driver download folder.
- Click the Next button, then when the driver update is complete
Fix the Mac’s offline Brother printer issue
Remove the drivers
- Go to System and Preferences >Printer and Scanner on your MAC device.
- To uninstall your printer, pick it now and click the (-) sign.
- Now go to the Brothers official website and download your printer driver.
Install the driver again:
- Restart your printer first, and then launch the freshly loaded printer driver.
- Install the paper port after choosing the printer. Please carefully read all of the instructions in the manual.
- Open the “Apple” menu after the driver has been installed, then choose “System Preferences”.
- Select “Printers and Scanners” from the menu.
- Now pick “Add printer or Scanner” from the menu that appears after clicking the “+” sign.
- Select your Brother printer from the subsequent window that appears.
- Allow the Brother printer to join the system here. When your printer has been added to your Mac, close the system preferences.
- Your printer icon will now display with a Green mark on it and your Brother printer offline issue on MAC will be fixed.
- You can resolve the “Brother printer goes offline on Mac” error in this manner.
We hope you will find this post to be as helpful as possible while looking for solutions to the “My Brother printer is Offline” message problem on Windows and MAC
For more information please visit the official website of Brother printer, or if you need an assistant then please contact Printer Support USA number +1 8559582691.